Description: This flow switch is an excellent choice for applications that may see high pressures as well as when flow set point adjustability is needed or desired. Having this adjustability is great for applications where you’re not sure of the flow rate statistic, but know when the system is operating correctly. See our help page on flow switch adjustability for how this works.
Operation: Liquid flows through the housing, with flows below the “set point” the liquid flows around the piston and through the adjustable bypass channel, as the flow rate increases the piston with internal magnet starts to move backwards compressing the spring until the flow rate reaches the set point in which case the magnet actuates a hermetically sealed reed switch inside of another cavity of the flow switch. Flows above the set point pass by the piston and go through the bypass channel without issue holding the unit actuated until the flow rate begins to decrease where the spring begins to push the piston back down to resting position until the piston extends far enough away from the switch causing it to de-actuate. Flow rates below the set point do not effect the unit and do not cause it to actuate. Adjusting the flow set point is easy with a flat-head screwdriver, simply spin the vane to the desired location, the vane can spin around and around without stopping. When the slot on the vane is perpendicular to the inlet and outlet, the flow set point is at the lowest end of the range, and when the slot is parallel to the inlet and outlet, the flow set point is at the highest end of the range.
Common Applications: Some common places where you might see the model 1500 flow switch is in the Machine Tool industry, HVAC equipment.
- Approximate SCFM depending on line pressure.
- Optional lower air set point range. Consult factory.
- Optional lower water set point range .2-10 GPM. Consult factory.
- Factory calibrated set points available. Consult factory.
- Other wetted materials: epoxy.
- Polysulfone for water in brass housing.
- Brass for oil in brass housing. 8. SST for SST housing.
- Relays for higher loads, junction boxes, terminal strips, etc. are available. See accessories section for details.
- High temperature units are available to 400°F. Consult factory.
- Also available: leads in different lengths, cable, terminated ends, etc. Consult factory.