Description1300 Product Page
Description: This unit is a right angle version of our model 1100, an Industrial Standard, if you need the same accuracy and ruggedness that the model 1100 offers except you have space constraints or an application where a 90° unit would fit better, this is the unit for you. The switch in this unit is silicone potted in a factory replaceable capsule to permit a very high vibration resistance as well as keeping it repairable in the event of failure. This model has a true globe-shaped one-piece cast body that yields a lower pressure drop and minimizes turbulence while keeping the pressure capabilities very high.
Operation: Liquid flows through the housing, with flows below the “set point” the liquid flows around the shuttle, as the flow rate increases the magnet-equipped shuttle starts to lift up compressing the spring until the flow rate reaches the set point in which case the magnet actuates a hermetically sealed reed switch inside the stem. Flows above the set point pass by the shuttle without issue holding the unit actuated until the flow rate begins to decrease where the spring begins to push the shuttle back down to resting position until the magnet extends far enough away from the switch causing it to de-actuate. Flow rates below the set point do not affect the unit and do not cause it to actuate.
Common Applications: Some places where you may see the model 1300 flow switch would be coolant systems, HVAC equipment, and the Machine Tool Industry.
- Standard flow calibration is in water @70°F. Calibrated on increasing flow.
- Temperature effect on flow settings: water calibration, slight change; oil varies with viscosity.
- Optional 1 00W SPST reed switches are stocked. Consult factory.
- Relays for higher loads, junction boxes, terminal strips, etc. are available. See accessories section for details
- Optional cables available. Consult factory.
- Other wetted materials: ceramic ring magnet.
- Optional SST identification tags attached to the unit. Consult factory.
- Optional port sizes: BSPT, SAE, silver braze, socket weld, etc. Consult factory.
- High-temperature units available to 400°F. Consult factory.
- Standard flow settings are calibrated in water. Other set points in water or oil are available. Consult factory.
- Calibration: Flow stands are calibrated to the National Bureau of Standards and Thomas Products Ltd. recalibration schedule.